Thursday, September 3, 2009

RiCE CEREAL

Max is almost 5 months old now and so I've been thinking that it's about time I start introducing him to cereal at night time. Everybody keeps telling me that it will really help him sleep through the night (yay!). So about a week ago I decided that it was time! I went shopping and bought a high chair, 3 different kinds of cereal, bowls, spoons, bibs..the works! I was so excited and was looking forward to it all day. Finally it was time to feed Max! I strapped him in his chair, put on his bib and made him a delicious bowl of warm rice cereal....He HATED it!He cried & gagged...He kept his little lips shut so tight! What we managed to get in he spat right back out :-(He was not a happy camper!The good news: He liked the taste of his high chair :-/After many many airplanes & pleading we gave in...and we had a much happier boy...oh well, there's always tomorrow.

4 comments:

Rhett and Tiffanie Jackson said...

lol....I found a cereal feeder that is in the form of a bottle with a bigger hole in the nipple and mixed it with the formula or breast milk (i don't know what you use) and because my kids started cereal at 3 months (peyton at 6 weeks because he was always hungry and I could NOT keep up!)I would mix it with juice and fruit (applesauce/apple was the favorite)! Good luck and don't give up...feeding with a spoon was not ever easy for me...he is a cutie...hopefully we will be able to meet him soon! Love you guys! Aunt T.

Leah said...

I love his facial expressions! Welcome to the world of solids!

Brooke said...

That is a little man who knows what he likes! Carson never was crazy for rice cereal either and it din't help him sleep better one tiny bit. It only helps them sleep better if they are actually hungry. Max is old enough that he shouldn't be, I bet he just misses him mom in the night. Hope it gets better!

Nikki said...

LOL- I love it!