Saturday, August 8, 2009

ALMOND POPPY SEED CAKE

This is one of my favorite cake recipes. I made this today for my brothers farewell tomorrow...
it's always a hit!
~ALMOND POPPY SEED CAKE~


-1 pkg yellow cake mix
-1 (3 ¾ oz) pkg instant French vanilla pudding
-1 cup thick sour cream
-4 eggs
-½ cup water
-1 tsp. almond extract
-½ cup butter
-¼ cup poppy seed

*Combine cake and pudding mixes, eggs, sour cream, water, almond flavoring, butter, and poppy seed. Beat on medium for 5 minutes. Pour into well buttered and sugared Bundt pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Cool 15 minutes. Turn out onto plate, pour glaze over top of warm cake and sift with powdered sugar.


GLAZE: Powdered sugar, milk, and almond extract. Mix all together...make it as thick or thin as you want.

2 comments:

Rhett and Tiffanie Jackson said...

yum! looks fabulous...can't wait to try it! :)

Rhett and Tiffanie Jackson said...

hey....since you are posting recipes...I bought a cookbook kit from an on line digital company and when I get started i can give out pass words to family members and they can go into my cook book and post their own recipes and pictures even! Then when it is all done, everyone can purchase their own family recipe book...are you interested? thought it sounded fun and a great way to pass on recipes from grandma and grandpa's...let me know what you think! :)