Thursday, June 12, 2008

Jackson Family Reunion


This past weekend was the Jackson Family Reunion in Glendale, UT (Southern Utah). Dave & I arrived a day late to reunion due to my cousin's funeral Saturday morning. We were so glad that we were able to make it to the last little bit of it. We had a lot of fun spending time with family that we don't get to see very often. The place where we camped in Glendale was absoutely BEAUTIFUL! After the reunion Dave & I stayed a few days longer at Lance and Julie's fabulous home in Kanab. Monday we spent the entire day with Grandpa & Grandma Jackson. Grandpa took us on a tour of the Kiabab (where he spent most of his childhood herding sheep). Grandpa is a real cowboy! It was so pretty and was so nice to spend that time alone with them. That night Dave and I slept under the stars in our sleeping bags. It was such a pretty night and the sky was so clear! We counted shooting stars until we couldn't keep our eyes open any longer ;) The next morning Grandpa, Grandma, Dave & I ate a yummy breakfast at a local place in Kanab called Houston's. After breakfast Grandpa, Uncle Evan, Dave & I spent the rest of the afternoon 4-wheeling. It was a lot of fun (other than the fact that I almost DIED and that Dave and I both got severely sunburnt!!!). Wednesday Dave & I spent the day in St. Geroge shopping and looking for a place to buy (we wish). It was such a fun vacation, and as always, it was so hard to come home. Lilly was such a trooper, she is the only one glad to be home! Here are some of the pics:



No comments: